Basic Training Weekend One – With Supplemental Information on Children & Adolescents – Mountain Time – Carolyn Settle – SOLD OUT – Please call (831) 761-1040 for limited availability
March 4 - March 6
Expanding on the powerful content from EMDR Therapy Basic Training, we are offering a very focused KIDS and TEENS-centric event, EMDR Therapy Basic Training with Supplemental Information for Children and Adolescents (Weekend 1 and 2). This training is designed for licensed mental health practitioners who treat kids and teens in a clinical setting. Through the use of children video sessions and client case examples, this training will highlight how to use EMDR therapy with developmentally appropriate adaptations for kids and teens, while also including information for use with adults. Upon completion of Weekend 1, Weekend 2 and the required 10 hours of consultation, clinicians will be able to treat children, adolescents, as well as adults, with EMDR therapy.
EMDR Therapy is a comprehensive psychotherapy that accelerates the treatment of a wide range of pathologies and self-esteem issues related to disturbing events and present life conditions. This interactional, standardized approach addresses a considerable range of presenting complaints for all ages, including PTSD, depression, anxiety, phobias, excessive grief, somatic conditions and addictions. As an integrative psychotherapy approach, EMDR is compatible with all contemporary paradigms including, psychodynamic, cognitive-behavioral, experiential, family systems, play therapy and sand tray.
EMDR therapy is guided by the Adaptive Information Processing model which addresses the unprocessed memories that appear to set the basis for a wide range of dysfunction. Since EMDR Therapy is a client centered therapy it is not only helpful with adults but is particularly useful with children and teenagers who may communicate more through actions than words.
Registration / daily check-in: 8:00 - 8:30 AM
Lecture: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Practica Breakout Groups: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Daily Breaks: (will be announced each morning)
Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00 PM
NOTE: Attendance at the entire training is required
COMPLETION OF VIRTUAL TRAINING: Participants must complete the entire virtual basic training (including 10 hours of case consultation) within 12 months from the initial start date.
Save 15% When Purchased Along with Training
Discount will show when the item is added to cart
Purchase Weekend One and Weekend Two at the Same Time and Save 5%
2022 Event Registration Terms and Conditions
|21+ days prior to the event - $50 fee transfer/refund|
|1-20 days prior to the event - $100 fee transfer only/no refund|
|No-show day of the event - $150 fee transfer only/no refund|
- A “No Show” is a person who registers for a program but who does not cancel registration or attend the program.
- Refunds will be processed as they are received or after the conclusion of the program, depending on the program date and when cancellation occurs. Refunds may take up to 5-7 business days to process.
- If the EMDR Institute needs to cancel the program, the EMDR Institute may elect to offer transfer of registration to another training session, provided such a training session is scheduled and space is available.
- If the EMDR Institute determines that a participant must be removed from the workshop/conference for inappropriate or illegal conduct, the EMDR Institute will not provide a full refund of workshop/conference funds.
- Cancellations must be confirmed as having been received by the EMDR Institute office by the deadline date.
- Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org or 831.761.1040.
Retake is only for people retaking an EMDR Institute Basic Training.
Group Rates - For groups of 5 or more please call the office at 831-761-1040 for group discounts