Basic Training Weekend One – Eastern Time – Judy Cabeceiras
May 19 - May 21
The EMDR Therapy Basic Training (Weekend 1 and 2) is designed for licensed mental health practitioners who treat adults and children in a clinical setting. EMDR is a comprehensive psychotherapy that accelerates the treatment of a wide range of pathologies and self-esteem issues related to disturbing events and present life conditions. This interactional, standardized approach has been empirically tested in over 30 randomized controlled studies with trauma patients, and hundreds of published case reports evaluating a considerable range of presenting complaints, including depression, anxiety, phobias, excessive grief, somatic conditions, and addictions. EMDR therapy is guided by the Adaptive Information Processing model which addresses the unprocessed memories that appear to set the basis for a wide range of dysfunction. A number of neurophysiological studies have documented the rapid post-treatment EMDR effects. Participants will be required to read the textbook by Francine Shapiro, PhD, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing: Basic Principles, Protocols and Procedures Guilford Press, NY, 3rd Edition, 2018.
Registration / daily check-in: 8:00 - 8:30 AM
Lecture: 8:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Practica Breakout Groups: 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Daily Breaks: (will be announced each morning)
Lunch: 12:00 - 1:00 PM
NOTE: Attendance at the entire training is required
COMPLETION OF VIRTUAL TRAINING: Participants must complete the entire virtual basic training (including 10 hours of case consultation) within 12 months from the initial start date.
Save 15% When Purchased Along with Training
Discount will show when the item is added to cart
Purchase Weekend One and Weekend Two at the Same Time and Save 5%
Retake is only for people retaking an EMDR Institute Basic Training.
2022-2023 Event Registration Terms and Conditions
|21+ days prior to the event - $50 fee transfer/refund|
|1-20 days prior to the event - $100 fee transfer only/no refund|
|No-show day of the event - $150 fee transfer only/no refund|
- A “No Show” is a person who registers for a program but who does not cancel registration or attend the program.
- Refunds will be processed as they are received or after the conclusion of the program, depending on the program date and when cancellation occurs. Refunds may take up to 5-7 business days to process.
- If the EMDR Institute needs to cancel the program, the EMDR Institute may elect to offer transfer of registration to another training session, provided such a training session is scheduled and space is available.
- If the EMDR Institute determines that a participant must be removed from the workshop/conference for inappropriate or illegal conduct, the EMDR Institute will not provide a full refund of workshop/conference funds.
- Cancellations must be confirmed as having been received by the EMDR Institute office by the deadline date.
- Please direct inquiries to email@example.com or 831.761.1040.